Because I'm Michael | digital scrapbooking layout

Saturday, November 11, 2017
My normal way of starting a page is to grab a white paper and begin throwing stuff at it. However, I did not do that on this page. Instead, I used a blog post from Get It Scrapped about Using Design Elements to Reveal Character as a starting point. I used another GIS tip about creating a band (in this case a vertical one) to ground my page and create a flow.

The blog post mentioned intentionally using color, image, type, and pattern to reveal character. The character I'm choosing to reveal here is that of my son, who is boyish and playful. I actually got out a piece of scratch paper to finalize these choices for myself, not something I normally do. My brainstorming resulted in the following:

  • color: masculine like blue, green, black, and brown
  • image: stars, gender sticker, torn edges
  • type: large, playful alpha
  • pattern: geometric

I don't normally try to stay with a theme when choosing design elements, but I really enjoyed doing it here and love the resulting page. Hope these ideas help you start your next layout! I know I will definitely use this approach again.

SUPPLIES: All Boy Kit, Collaged 2 Digital Tears, Randomly Brushes & Stamps, Cork It Alpha, Itty Bitty Alpha, Globe Trotter Papers, Journalers 1, Black & White Papers

No comments